13. The pictures below are from when we went to go see Madagascar 2! It was opening day and man it was packed. We showed up for the 1:00 movie but ended up getting tickets for the 3:40 showing...2 showings later. The kids really enjoyed this movie. See how well they 'waited' in line. They still play so good together and just love each other so much.
They were pretending that Lauren had 4 arms and they were waving at people and just being silly. They crack me up.
12. They spent the weekend with their Uncle Kostas and "Auntie" Holly last weekend while I was in Denver. They so enjoy spending time with their family (and cousin Angel). Uncle Kostas now has 4 dogs (thanks to Holly's addition of 3) so the kids were in Doggy Heaven.
11. Lauren has been working on her first Science Fair Project with two other students in her class..they were going to build a volcano but decided to do a project on Making A Boiled Egg Float. She spent 2 days at Lauren E.'s house and I got to meet Lauren's Mom and oddly enough, her Mom's name is Laura too. Don't run into that every day. They had a lot of fun putting it together and spending time together outside of the classroom. I am very proud of their efforts. Lauren turned their project in today. I will post pictures at a later date.
10. Darren just finished testing TAKS and he feels pretty good about his efforts. I am sure he did fine. Unlike his mother he is a test taker...I always second guessed my answers and changed the correct answer to something else. Always felt like that first answer was TOO easy so it must have been wrong. Thank goodness he is confident with what he knows.
9. Lauren wrote a story for her Writing class and her story was chosen (2 were picked out of the whole school) to be hung in the library for display. She was able to meet a real author and have her picture taken with her. She was very excited about this and I am very proud of her. I have asked for a copy of the story so I can publish it for all to see at a later date.
8. While Lauren was working on her Science Project Darren and I had some one on one time. It was so nice to just hang out with him and talk. Now that he is in 7th grade I feel the need to be inside that little mind of his a little bit and I am very lucky that seems to enjoy sharing stories about his friends, teachers and other influences around him. We grabbed dinner and sat at the table and talked, after we ate we decided to play Jenga. He was such a stinker...shadow pulling after me. I won one game and he won two. Then we just started to play with the blocks and build stuff. I'll have to post those pictures tomorrow. Good quality Mother/Son time! I LOVE IT!
7. Over the weekend I am going to take Lauren to get contacts. She is a very responsible child and I think she will enjoy wearing them. She, like most kids, isn't a big fan of wearing glasses but she does and she has taken excellent care of them. I am so excited to see her again without glasses. The main problem is she has such a tiny nose and her glasses always slip down her face and she spends most of her day adjusting them.
6. Darren and Lauren have also started making their wish lists. I have been on them to do this because we have a lot of OUT OF TOWN family that likes to shop early and get their packages in the mail. I will get those lists out to you all over the weekend. *sighs* :-)
5. The kids and I have bought the last two seasons of Friends and we are now on Season 10. I love sitting down on the weekends watching this show with them. I think they like the show almost more than I do. Soon we will have to find another TV series to soak up.
4. We are looking forward to the holidays and we will be spending Thanksgiving with Grandma Rachelle and the gang. The boy and the girl always look forward to seeing all their cousins and eating grandma's cooking. Plus, I get to look forward to spending the holiday with Holly, who has moved here from Denver to be with my (ex) Brother In Law. They are so cute together. With her being here, it will feel like a part of me is home. It has probably been 15 years since we've spend Thanksgiving together.
3. We are going to the GREEK FESTIVAL Saturday with Sara and others. I am looking forward to this. Their grandfather is Greek so he will be proud that they will be taking in some Greek Culture and Food.
2. They are now Bus Riders again and have done a great job at getting up at 5:20 AM!!! Or whenever I quit hitting the snooze button to wake them up. They are great kids and just so easy for me. I am so THANKFUL to have such beautiful babies.
1. We are looking to go home to Colorado for Christmas BUT right now it looks like tickets to fly home are going to be around $420/per person.
Why is it that I just flew to Denver last week and tickets were only $188?!?!
That price in not exactly in my Single Mommy Budget! If not, we will spend the Holiday at home together and that could be fun for the 3 of us. More bonding and making memories of our little family.