Wednesday, January 30, 2008
Thursday, January 24, 2008
13. SET UP CONTRACTS :-(
12. ASSIST NELLIE-VIDEO-LABLES-D.O.'S, COOKIES (WHAT WILL SHE DO W/O ME FOR THE NEXT FEW DAYS)
11. LUNCH WITH THE FUN COMMITTEE-CAN'T WAIT TO PUT TOGETHER MY FIRST PPT. PRESENTATION FOR THE BOSS ON THIS YEARS EVENTS.
10. CHARGE IPOD AND ADD MORE MUSIC-SUGGESTIONS ANYONE?
9. CLEAN OUT MY CAR-I STILL HAVEN'T FIGURED OUT WHAT THAT ODOR IS-PROBABLY SOMETHING IN THE TRUNK. EWWW
8. LISTEN TO TITO GO ON & ON ABOUT VICKS!!!-ENOUGH ALREADY!! :-p
7. SHOP-A MUST BEFORE ANY TRIP "NEW CLOTHES"
6. FIND MY DENVER BRONCO BEANIE CAP
5. PACK-DARREN & LAUREN FOR THEIR WEEKEND WITH THEIR UNCLE AND PACK MY BAGS FOR THE COLD MOUNTAINS
4. REMIND GI-GI TO BRING OUR TRAVELING GNOME "CEDERIC"-HIS FIRST TRIP!
3. PLAN MY EVENING DATE-THINKING WINE BAR-MAYBE SOME PIZZA ;-)
2. CHECK IN ON-LINE, VERIFY I HAVE MY ISLE SEAT SO I CAN MAKE TRIPS BACK AND FORTH UP TO FIRST CLASS TO BUG THE SKI BOYS!!
1. DRINK BLOODY MARYS AT AIRPORT BEFORE DEPARTURE-IT HELPS ME ADJUST TO THE ALTITUDE CHANGE.
HOPE YOU ALL ENJOY THE REST OF YOUR WEEK. IT IS FRIDAY FOR ME. WE LEAVE IN THE MORNING AND I SHALL RETURN TUESDAY EVENING!
Wednesday, January 23, 2008
The top companies on the list in Texas!!
Camden Property Trust Dallas 199
Container Store Coppell (HQ) 494
Container Store Houston 142
David Weekley Homes Houston (HQ) 572
David Weekley Homes Carrollton 271
David Weekley Homes Austin 132
Devon Energy Houston 879
Devon Energy Bridgeport 355
EOG Resources Houston (HQ) 424
EOG Resources Ft. Worth 236
EOG Resources Corpus Christi 136
FedEx Dallas 4,859
Kimley-Horn & Associates Dallas 203
Methodist Hospital System Houston (HQ) 8,893
Methodist Hospital System Baytown 1,588
National Instruments Austin (HQ) 2,105
Rackspace Managed Hosting San Antonio (HQ) 1,265
Rackspace Managed Hosting Austin 64
Rackspace Managed Hosting Grapevine 57
SAS Institute Austin 85
Shared Technologies Coppell (HQ) 217
TDIndustries Dallas (HQ) 971
TDIndustries Houston 297
TDIndustries Round Rock 116
Texas Instruments Dallas (HQ) 9,613
Texas Instruments Houston 1,320
Texas Instruments Sherman 828
Valero Energy San Antonio (HQ) 1,836
Valero Energy Corpus Christi 828
Valero Energy Port Arthur 824
Whole Foods Market Austin (HQ) 1,617
Monday, January 21, 2008
What can I say, I got some items taken care of over the weekend so it looks like I'll be hitting the slopes. Leaving on Friday and will return Tuesday. Yay, short week. I really need to take more pictures this year but I find it difficult to remember my camera while out there, it could be because you are already carrying about 80 pounds of extra equipment.
My distraction this afternoon. MLK Day Parade.
Most of you got this fun survey in a previous email, I am just out of thoughts today. Have had a ton of work the past few days and the MLK Day Parade didn't help my focus on the important things. It was so loud and lasted about 2 hours. Talk about low production on the floor, most everyone was standing at their windows looking down below. Nothing like a Bird's Eye View of the parade.
2. Mother's name? Geraldine (Gerri)
3. Favorite Drink? Coke Zero
4. Tattoos? Just one, maybe another one someday.
5. Love your job? I will ROT here for as long as possible. Ha ha
6. Birthday? July 18
7. Favorite vacation spot? In the mountains
8. Ever been to Africa ? No
9. Ever eaten cookies for dinner? Don't like cookies Chips I've had for dinner!
10. Ever been on TV or in a movie? Yes, I was an extra in Mean Girls (jk)
11. Ever steal any traffic signs? Nope but there is a sign on the way to Colorado outside of Dallas that says Laurie Rd. I want it. Anyone???
12. Ever been in a car accident? If you read my Blog, you know it. The first one that was MY fault. I am getting blind in my old age I guess.
13. Drive a 2 door or 4 door? 2 Door
14. Salad dressing ? None
15. Favorite season? Summer
16. Favorite number? Three
17. Favorite movie? Tombstone
18. Favorite Holiday? Ugh, don't bring up the holidays, I love them but I am glad they are over, I enjoy Halloween!
19. Favorite dessert? Chips
20. Favorite food? Mom's Green Chilli
21. Favorite day of the week? Crack Thursdays
22. Favorite month? July, My whole house hold has a Birthday in this month and my Mom!
23. Favorite toothpaste? Colgate Whitening Plus (that's how I keep my grill WHITE)
24. Favorite smell? Fear, j/k. I think it would have to be bread in the oven
25. What do you do to relax – Lay on the couch
26. Do you have a message to your friends reading this? I am happy to have you all in my life! Cheesy right!
27. How do you see yourself in 10 years? I'll be the big 4-0 (probably still working as a SA III, if that is the case I bet I'll walk without moving my arms too)
28. What do you do when you are bored? Watch TV
29. Furthest place you will send this message? Hong Kong-just kidding I guess to my SDRUFBFF Julia Goolia in Michigan!
30. Who will respond the fastest? Juan
31. Who is the least likely to respond? Juan
PS-I don't even know a Juan and I really hate the questions, WHO CARES!!!
Friday, January 18, 2008
Thursday, January 17, 2008
9. There are Spanish to English Translators in the classrooms
8. The students ask Darren and Lauren where they came from and they reply Washington State-They are then asked numerous times if they met the President.
Wednesday, January 16, 2008
Tuesday, January 15, 2008
Darren was loaded with Denver Bronco gear (blankets, jerseys, pillows, t-shirts) as well as some Denver Nugget items and even got a LT bobble head. He was very excited.
Yes Darren supports the home teams too and Lauren is just sporting her new "Monkey" PJ's that Grandma Rachelle made her.
Tuesday, January 8, 2008
Thursday, January 3, 2008
So far 2008 has been better then 2007. On December 31st I went to a beautiful dinner party and rang in the New Year Argentinian style. January 1st, had a nice lunch with a new "interest" and relaxed the remainder of the day. January 2nd was back to work and boy there is a lot of work to be done. I was off for 11 days so I guess it is to be expected. Last night Nellie went with me to look at homes near her area and that went pretty well, so I'll be meeting with a realtor this afternoon to do some walk thrus. Wish me luck that I find something for the kids and I.